Saturday, March 19, 2011

Days 3 and 4

Thursday
I was filled with excitement at the start of my day. It was my first time shadowing an equine veterinarian (or any veterinarian for that matter). However, without going in to detail, the day was somewhat of a disaster. My driving skills are terrible (I've never driven a truck before) and I nearly wasted all of her vaccines because I didn't understand how to get it all in the needle. Maybe I was being hard on myself because I was new, but things didn't get any better as the day went on. In short, I ran out of trigonometry class crying because I had studied all night for a quiz and somehow bombed it yet again. After the teacher gave me a you're retarded" look I crumbled.

Day 3- Friday
Unfortunately, I let my negativity carry over to yoga class. I felt like I was in the hottest spot in the room. The instructor was good at giving directions but I was in so much pain I felt like I was dieing. For the second time in a row, I couldn't make it past camel pose without feeling like I wanted to quit. It just sucked. I basically said, "I'm not doing this anymore", which is exactly what I said the night before about veterinary school after I failed my quiz. Then, I realized, at this rate I will have accomplished nothing. I can't get in shape or learn anything from yoga if I don't do it. And I will regret it my whole life if I don't see this veterinary thing through until the end, to so I decided to stop blubbering and get over it. (Much easier said than done, by the way.)

Day 4- Saturday
Saturday was much more of a success! The instructor was a very soothing and calm lady, which I liked. This class was held in the "big room" upstairs, and I was lucky enough to grab a cool spot next to the cracked door, which lets in a little breeze. (Hey, it's not cheating! It was still hot!) I felt so calm and happy doing all of my poses. My goal for Saturday was to 1) Finish all the poses and 2) Not take a nap that day. I managed both and I felt great. I even had a little energy spurt at the end of the day. I noticed that I'm getting better and better at balancing and my legs are getting stronger! I got help from the teacher on alignment even though it was such a big class and I really liked that. I wanted to take class again with her today, but I had too many random things to do throughout the day.

Tomorrow is my last day on my new student pass. I want to provide a review of this yoga studio after the whole experience. My current mission is finding a new job and I plan on applying to many places tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment